Meet Kris Hallbom
International Trainer, Author, and Professional Coach
Kris Hallbom is an internationally recognized trainer, author and coach. She is the co-founder of the NLP & Coaching Institute, and has been actively involved in the field of NLP for over 25 years. She is also the co-creator of the WealthyMind™ Program, which has been taught to live audiences in over 20 countries and has helped thousands of people create more of what they want in their lives.
Recognized for her ability to translate complex ideas into practical skills, and for her warm, approachable style, Kris has trained and coached clients throughout Europe, Australia, Russia, Mexico, Japan and the USA. She is a contributing author to the best selling books, “Alternative Medicine: The Definitive Guide” and “Innovations in NLP”; and has produced numerous DVDs and articles on positive psychology, wealth consciousness and systems thinking.
Kris began studying NLP in 1987 while obtaining her degree in Psychology, and went on to become a Master Practitioner and Certified Trainer of NLP. She worked at Anchor Point Associates, an internationally recognized NLP training organization from 1988 to 1996.
Kris went on to became a Professional NLP Coach in 1996, and has done over 5,000 hours of life coaching with her clients and students throughout her career. She still maintains a busy coaching practice and works with an international array of clients from around the world. She does most of her coaching work on the telephone and through Skype.
In 1999, Kris moved to Northern California with her husband Tim, to run and operate the NLP Institute of California, as well as the Academy for Coaching and NLP, which they co-founded together. Since then, her primary focus has been on providing practical skill-based trainings to the general public, and life coaching to individuals.
In 2014, Kris was asked to be on the Advisory Council for Project Happiness, an international organization based in Palo Alto, California. The mission of Project Happiness is to spread happiness around the world through public schools, private institutions and Universities. Project Happiness offers training programs to cultivate one’s own authentic happiness, and their curriculum is now offered in over 57 countries around the globe. Kris is proud to be involved with Project Happiness and their mission to create a happier, more joyful world to be in!
Kris’s training and coaching history includes the following:
- Kris co-founded the Academy for Coaching and NLP, which was the first NLP based program to be approved by the International Coach Federation (ICF) in North America in 2001.
- Kris was the Keynote Speaker at the International NLP Conference in London in 2009, and has keynoted several other conferences throughout her expansive career.
- Kris has authored and co-authored scores of articles and books, and created a number of video publications and audio downloads. For a more comprehensive list, click here.
- She is the developer of the Universal Cycles of Change model that is featured in the book, “Coaching in the Workplace” and is taught in ICF professional coaching programs around the world.
- She is a contributing author to Rapport Magazine, an international based NLP Magazine, and has written numerous articles on NLP and wealth consciousness throughout the years.
- She was a professional staff writer for the international NLP Journal, Anchor Point Magazine, from 1989 to 2001. During this time she published numerous articles on NLP and Systems Thinking.
- Kris holds a degree in Psychology and Language, and has been writing professionally for different magazines and newspapers since 1985.
On a personal note…Kris has traveled to over 25 countries with her husband, Tim, and has successfully run a thriving business throughout her travels. In her spare time she enjoys reading, writing, taking her dog Jett on long walks; having fabulous dinner parties with friends; watching beautiful sunsets; and contemplating the deeper mysteries of life, the universe and everything.